STEWARD PLASTICS, INC.
dba Smooth-Bor Plastics
Last Updated: August, 2020
- Information We Collect
2.1 Personal Information We Collect Directly From You
We receive personal information directly from you when you voluntarily provide us with such personal information, including, without limitation, the following:
(1) personal data (such as your name, email address, username, telephone number, postal address, payment card, and billing and contact information), including when you sign up to receive information or services from us or participate in social media accounts involving Smooth-Bor;
(2) demographic data (such as your zip code);
(3) other identifying information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation unique identifiers such as passwords, and personal information in messages that you send to us and/or provide to our customer service team.
We may also collect additional information, which may be personal information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent. You may still access and use some portions of the Site if you choose not to provide us with any personal information but features of the Site that require your personal information will not be accessible to you.
2.2 Information from Third Party Sources. We do not currently collect any personal information from third party sources through our Site. However, for personal consumers purchasing our retail products through Amazon (excluding commercial customers purchasing on a “business-to-business” basis directly from us), we may be provided with information in connection with such sale to fulfill your order(s).
2.3 Information we automatically collect when you use our Site
In order to access and use certain areas or features of the Site, you consent to our collection and use of certain information about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. Your consent to our access and use of this “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other webpages you visited before and after visiting the Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Traffic Data: We also may automatically collect certain data when you use the Site, such as: (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Site; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Site; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Site; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Site (collectively, “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be personal information.
- How We Collect Information
We collect information (including personal information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the Site, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of collection include:
- When you use the Site’s interactive tools and services;
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Site or through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like;
- If you use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location and mobile device, as applicable;
- If we enable tracking tools, such as cookies, we may collect information about you through such tracking tools for the purpose of analyzing market date;
- When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Site, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
- Tracking Tools
Our Site does not currently have any tracking tools enable, such as cookies (other than strictly necessary functional cookies). Tracking tools may be used in the future for the purpose of tracking and analyzing Site data. However, please be aware of the following:
- How We Use Your Information
We may use information (including information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) to better understand who uses the Site and how we can deliver a better user experience.
We may use information to communicate to you directly, to create your account, communicate with you regarding your account, purchase goods and services from you, and retain records of the goods and services you request from Smooth-Bor Plastics.
We use information, including personal information, to provide the Site and to help improve the Site, to develop new services, and to advertise (for example, to display Smooth-Bor ads on other web services).
Specifically, such use may include:
- Providing you with the products, services and information you request;
- Responding to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contacting you when necessary or requested, including to remind you of an upcoming shipment;
- Retaining and maintaining your information within our system as it pertains to the goods and services you purchase from us or we purchase from you;
- Providing, maintaining, administering or expanding the Site, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Site, and other products and services we offer;
- Customizing or tailoring your experience of the Site, which may include sending customized messages or showing you Sponsored Results;
- Notifying you about certain resources or services we think you may be interested in learning more about;
- Sending you information about Smooth-Bor, newsletters, invitations to special events, and/or announcements that may interest you;
- Sending emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
- Showing you advertisements, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising;
- Using statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts;
- Fulfilling our legally required obligations, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- Resolving disputes;
- Protecting against or deterring fraudulent, illegal, or harmful actions; and
- How We Share Your Information
In certain circumstances, and in order to perform the Site, we may share certain information that we collect from you, as described in this section:
- No Sale of Personal Information: We do not sell personal information to third parties. If you are a personal consumer who purchases our products through our retail partners (e.g., using the Amazon online store), we may share or receive your personal information with or from our retail partners to fulfill your order(s).
- Partners: We may share your personal information and/or Traffic Data with our partners who perform operational services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, insurance verification, web service analytics, or ad serving) and/or who make certain services, features or functionality available to our users.
- Cross Device Matching: To determine if users have interacted with content across multiple devices and to match such devices, we work with partners who analyze device activity data and/or rely on your information (including demographic, geographic and interest-based data). To supplement this analysis, we also provide de-identified data to these partners. Based on this data, we may then display targeted advertisements across devices that we believe are associated or use this data to further analyze usage of the Site across devices.
- Business Transfers: We may transfer your personal information to another company in connection with a proposed merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of Smooth-Bor (whether in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
- Protection of Smooth-Bor and Others: We also may need to disclose your personal information or any other information we collect about you if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to: (1) comply with or fulfill our obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process; (2) protect the rights, property or safety of you, Smooth-Bor or another party; (3) enforce the Agreement or other agreements with you; or (4) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
- Other Information: We may disclose information that is neither personal information and/or has been de-identified and/or aggregated at our discretion.
- Storage and Security of Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We endeavor to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage.
We store and process your information on our servers in the United States. We maintain industry standard backup and archival systems. Although we make good faith efforts to store personal information in a secure operating environment that is not open to the public, we do not and cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your personal information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us. If you receive a notice from us, you can print it to retain a copy of it. To receive these notices, you must check your e-mail account using your computer or mobile device and email application software. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at https://www.smoothborplastics.com/ Please include your address when you submit your request. You can make this election any time, and it will apply to notifications we make after a reasonable time thereafter for us to process your request. You may also use this e-mail address to request a print copy, at no charge, of an electronic notice we have sent to you regarding a compromise of your personal information.
- Your Choices
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. If you do not want to receive certain communications from us, please let us know through the “unsubscribe” feature included in our communications, or by submitting a written request to Steward Plastic Inc dba Smooth-Bor Plastics, 23322 Del Lago Dr. Laguna Hills, CA 92653.
You can request access to, or deletion of, your personal information that we collect and maintain through our Services by contacting us at https://www.smoothborplastics.com/ with “Request for Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
If you are a California resident, please proceed to the following link for additional information about your rights and choices with respect to your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”): https://www.smoothborplastics.com/ccpa/
- How Long We Retain Your Information
We retain personal information about you for as long as necessary to provide you the Site. In some cases, we retain personal information for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, prevent fraud, enforce the Agreement, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
- Information Provided on Behalf of Children and Others:
The Site is not intended for use by children and children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using the Site. Smooth-Bor does not knowingly collect any information from children, nor are the Site directed to children. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Site or send any personal information about yourself to us.
By accessing, using and/or submitting information to or through the Site, you represent that you are not younger than age 13. If we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without his/her parent’s written consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his/her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he/she cannot use the Site, and we will subsequently delete that information. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at https://www.smoothborplastics.com/
If you are between age 13 and the age of majority in your place of residence, you may use the Site only with the consent of or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor child, you may, in compliance with the Agreement, use the Site on behalf of such minor child. Any information that you provide us while using the Site on behalf of your minor child will be treated as personal information as otherwise provided herein.
If you use the Site on behalf of another person, regardless of age, you agree that Smooth-Bor may contact you for any communication made in connection with providing the Site or any legally required communications. You further agree to forward or share any such communication with any person for whom you are using the Site on behalf.
If you are under 16 years of age and reside in the European Union, you must provide an email address for your parent or legal guardian, and before you can access or use the Site, we must receive your parent’s or legal guardian’s express consent. You will not receive access or the ability to use the Site, and we will not collect additional personal information from you, until we receive your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent. Your parent or legal guardian may revoke consent at any time, and we will take reasonable steps to delete all personal information collected from you. We will also provide your parent or legal guardian with the ability to request to review your personal information, prohibit further collection of your personal information, and delete, or instruct the deletion of, your personal information.
- 11.Notice to non-U.S. Users
As the Internet is a global environment, collecting and processing personal information may involve the transmission of this data internationally, including into and/or outside of the United States. Therefore, by communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to your personal data being processed in this way. Specifically, if you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that by using the Website or Software Solutions, your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other third-countries, the privacy laws of which may be deemed by your country to have inadequate data protection. If you are located outside of the United States and voluntarily submit personal information to us, you thereby consent to the general use of such information as provided in this Privacy Statement and to the transfer of that information to, and/or storage of that information in, the United States or other third-countries.
If you reside in the European Union, you have certain rights under the European Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), including:
- The right to be informed of the personal information we collect and how we process and use that data;
- the right to request access to your personal information;
- the right to request that inaccurate personal information be rectified, or completed if incomplete;
- the right to request erasure of your personal information;
- the right to restrict our processing or use of your personal information;
- the right to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes;
- the right to object to our processing or transferring your personal information;
- the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority under the GDPR.
In response to receiving a request for one of the rights set forth above, we will timely comply with the request within the time periods set forth in the GDPR for each right. Several of the above rights are not absolute and apply only in certain circumstances. We will comply with requests for those rights as set forth in the GDPR. We are intent on resolving any issues relating to our handling of your personal information, and you may contact us at any time regarding any questions or concerns. We do not make any decisions about you based on automated processing of your personal information.
- Other Web Services
- Contact Us
Or mail to:
Steward Plastics Inc dba Smooth-Bor Plastics
23322 Del Lago Dr.
Laguna Hills, California 92653